BASIC / ADVANCED FIRST AID
This course on Basic First Aid will teach students the basics of first aid management on common life-threatening emergencies, how to recognize such emergencies and be able to help and act with confidence during an emergency situation.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Act in an emergency situation
- List the priorities, roles and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for life-threatening emergencies including:
- Heart attack
- Breathing difficulty
- Severe bleeding
- Describe when and how to provide relief to a choking adult, child and infant
- Demonstrate how to use an epinephrine pen, control bleeding, splinting
- Recognize heat- and cold-related emergencies and provide first aid actions
Course certification requires successful demonstration skills in First Aid. Certification is valid for 2 years.