This classroom-based and instructor-led course is designed to provide healthcare providers with the knowledge and skills required when caring for patients aged 16 and above who are ill, injured or who have physical disabilities. Students are taught how to observe and evaluate patient’s progress, adapting the nursing care plan if necessary in consultation with the patient’s physicians.
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Provide practical nursing care including but not limited to:
- Checking vital signs – temperature, blood pressure and respiration rates
- Assisting doctors with physical examinations
- Treating minor injuries
- Giving drugs and injections
- Cleaning and dressing wounds
- Taking blood samples
- Administering blood transfusion and drips
- Provide first aid management to elderly patients during accidents and emergency situations
- Apply knowledge and skills on cardiac rehabilitation
Course certification requires successful demonstration of skills in elderly care. Certification is valid for 2 years.